THAT YOUR WEBSITE DESIGNER DOESN’T WANT YOU TO KNOW
I’ve been building websites for 12 years and I know for a fact that website designers, in general, don’t want to give you free advice. Of course, we do around here, because we LOVE telling you what we know and giving you every chance to be successful.
Interested in learning how these 3 simple tools can help you, help yourself?
Then, let’s continue.
After much thinking I have narrowed down my list to 3; which means they MUST be good, right?
These 3 simple tools should be on EVERY website and EVERY blog.
If they’re not on your site, I would HIGHLY suggest you stop everything and proceed with reading my amazing article.
01. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
“Okay Google…” has become a household phenomenon. So, why don’t most website and blog owners ask Google for help with their websites? These tools are FREE. They are free to install, free to use and the majority of our brand new clients didn’t even know this was a thing.
Google Analytics is a FREE web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic and is currently a part of their Google Marketing Platform brand. If you are a blogger and wanting to sign up with an ad company, or you’re interested in being a brand ambassador — without a second thought, you should be going through the following steps to activate analytics on your website or blog today.
Everyone is going to ask about them. Might as well give them what they want. Oh, did I mentionIT’S FREE .
HOW TO GET A GOOGLE ANALYTICS UA CODE FOR YOUR WEBSITE OR BLOG:
“Thanks Google… you are saving the day to every website owner out there.”
01. Sign in to Google Analytics.
02. Click Admin.
03. In the ACCOUNT column, use the menu to select the account to which you want to add the property.
If you have a lot of accounts, use the search box to help you find the right one.
04. In the PROPERTY column, select +Create Property from the menu.
If you don’t have Edit permission on the account, you won’t see the +Create Property option. Check that you’ve selected the correct account in the ACCOUNT column.
04. Select Website or Mobile app. If you select Website, skip to Step 7. If you select Mobile app, continue to Step 6.
05. (Mobile app) Under Tracking Method, select Firebase. Select an app from the menu and click Connect App.
06. Enter the Website or App Name. If you plan on tracking more than one app in your account, use a very specific and descriptive name that includes the edition or version number. This will help you keep your app properties organized.
07. (Web only) Enter the Web Site URL. You cannot create a property if your URL isn’t formatted correctly.
08. Select an Industry Category. When you select an industry category, you can use goal templates designed for your industry.
09. Select the Reporting Time Zone. This will be used as the day boundary for your reports, regardless of where the data originates.
10. Click Get Tracking ID. Your property is created after you click this button, but you must set up the tracking code to collect data.
HOW TO INSTALL MY NEW GOOGLE ANALYTICS UA CODE ON MY WEBSITE OR BLOG:
Until December 2019, I have been promoting the heck out of Mailchimp, because it’s what we used exclusively for 10 years. It’s the only referral we made to clients setting up a list or updating their tools. Well, we no longer are proud MailChimp clients. We made the switch the FLODESK and couldn’t be happier. Let me tell you why.
Without hesitation they are:
01. One monthly price, unlimited subscribers: unlike competitors, Flodesk doesn’t penalize you for growing your list. Whether you’re looking to start a small newsletter or build an email marketing empire, you pay the same monthly price
02. Creative freedom: For the first time ever in email marketing, you can use custom fonts and image collages. Yes please! I like my marketing on-brand
03. Click and Drag Email Builder: Want to look like you have an entire marketing team crafting and coding your every email? Look no further! Flodesk puts the power of a professional designer in your pocket. Their click and drag email builder makes it easier than ever to create beautifully branded emails (no coding required).
04. Templates designed to convert: To get you started, Flodesk has a library of gorgeous templates to help you welcome, nur-ture, and convert subscribers into customers. Built in partner-ship with other successful entrepreneurs, each template is designed to help you up your email game. Oh, and customizing them is simple. A few clicks and the templates transform to match your brand’s unique look and feel.
05. They have developed tools as our client’s have needed them — we feel like we have grown alongside them. Like we’re besties… they just don’t know it!
What if I told you that creating email newsletters could be as easily as posting to social media? Don’t believe me. Prepare to be mind blown.
Oh, and use our exclusive code “50percent” to save 50% off the monthly rate. But, do it now – we were told that it’s a limited time offering, so hurry up and sign up at Flodesk.
The Genesis Framework is the crème de la crème of the WordPress industry. This framework alone makes an incredible impact on Google search SEO and after 12 years in the website design industry, it’s the ONLY tool I recommend for boosting SEO on your website.
Just trust me.
Okay, fine. Just repeat after me instead:
“The Genesis Framework is the only tool I need to boost my SEO.”
3 REASONS WHY I BELIEVE IN THE GENESIS FRAMEWORK FOR ALL OF MY CLIENT’S (AND MY OWN WEBSITES):
01. The built-in SEO for this framework is considered lightweightwhich means that your site will load faster which means, the site speed factor for Google will be happier.
02. Every single PAGE and every single POST has customizable SEO functionality.
03. Incredible Genesis community with loads of documentation and support.
Since we’re being honest around here – the only thing I suggest purchasing from Genesis, is the Framework. If you have any questions about themes, installation or set-up, we can help.
So, there you have it — 3 invaluable tools that your website or blog must have! Have any more tools that you can’t operate without? Leave them in a comment below and we’ll be sure to give you credit when we create our next little list.