If you’re a food blogger, then this post is for you. If you just want to add a few simple recipes on your site like my husband does over at Gluten Free Dad, then this post is for you. If you are interested in starting a new blog and want to display recipes, then yes, this post is for you too.
It’s important to have an easy was to display your recipes in an eye-catching, user-friendly and search-engine optimized way.
After 12 years of building food blogs for 100’s of clients, we can honestly say… we have tried them all. We can also honestly say, most of them are junk.
OUR WORDPRESS RECIPE PLUGIN TOP PICK IS…
This recipe plugin is easy to use and we are confident that whether you are a beginning or advanced food blogger, you can use WP Recipe Maker this with ease!
01. You can easily add recipes to any post or page on your site with automatic metadata for your recipes; the metadata will help improve your SEO and make your site more search friendly.
02. The plugin is compatible with the Classic WordPress Editor (my personal favorite!) or the new Gutenberg editor
03. Pinterest Rich Pin compatible
04. Gain access to recipe ratings in user comments
05. A clean print-ready layout for your blog traffic
06. Include a recipe video or add photos to any or all steps to your recipe (ToriAvey.com’s website is an excellent example of this)
07. Add JUMP TO RECIPE shortcodes (doesn’t require any special coding!!)
08. Modify the look and feel using the TEMPLATE EDITOR (this is how Gluten Free Dad’s looks!)
09. Easily import your recipes from any of these other plugins:
- WP Ultimate Recipe
- Meal Planner Pro
- ZipList and Zip Recipes
- Yumprint Recipe Card
- Tasty Recipes
- Simple Recipe Pro
- Purr Recipe Plugin
- Recipes by Simmer
- WordPress.com shortcode
10. You can upgrade to the PREMIUM options for a little bit o’cash:
- Use the plugins ingredient links to link to products or other recipes
- Create Adjustable servings make it easy for your visitors
- Add a nutrition label
- Let your visitors vote without comment using User Ratings
- Create custom taxononomies
- Add checkboxes for instructions and ingredients
Let us know if you load it to your food blog and we’ll can come check it out!!